The faculty of Medicine was established by the decision no.116 of 1997. At that time, the faculty used to belong to Tripoli University for Medical Sciences, but starting from the academic year 2000-2001, it became one of the faculties of the Department University of Misurata and then eventually of Misurata University.
The faculty was formerly situated in the Shiwahda region in Misurata. However, ever since the academic year 2009-2010, the faculty moved to its new location in the Rweysat reigon in Misurata, specifically in the Sa`adoon street, hoping to complement the faculties of Misurata University. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degrees M.B.Ch.B are awarded to students in the faculty after finishing the stage of supplementary training ( internship ). The faculty obtained accreditation from the International Medical Education Directory ( IMED ) in the United States of America ( USA ) in 2008. In its first academic year, the number of the students of the faculty was 187 students.
In the name of Allah and may his blessings and peace be upon the most honored of messengers our master Muhammad and upon all his family and companions.
With God blessings, we inaugurated this electronic website after spending a lot of time on hard work to make it come out as good as possible. We are honored to do our best to create well-qualified medical competencies and we will get extremely happy to see this faculty holding a privileged place among the top faculties of our country both locally and internationally. We seek not only to make this website a scientific platform to present our faculty and services to all the visitors of the website, but we also hope to use it to connect the faculty electronically and develop it until we reach the stage of establishing and launching a complete online faculty.
D. Khalid Mostafa Alzergani
To be a privileged center for medical education and to play a role in promoting health and scientific research in the society.
Creating a generation of highly-competent professional doctors as well as developing educational programmes in the light of accreditation and quality-related specifications and criteria. In addition to serving the interest of the society through supporting continuous medical education and scientific research.
1. Providing medical graduates with scientific, professional and moral experiences in a way that enables them to take care of patients and their health based on right moral values and professional scientific procedures.
2. Reviewing and developing the programmes of medical education aiming at the
conversion to the integrative medicine educational programme.
3. Training and development of capacities for the teaching staff in accordance with the conversion to the integrative medicine educational programme.
4. Establishing and developing the programmes of higher education in all the fields of medical sciences to enhance the academic level of the faculty and contribute to developing and promoting health and medical services in the society.
5. Carry out, encourage and support studies and research, which will contribute to the betterment of health services as well as keep us in pace with the continuous development in medical sciences.
6. Supporting the programmes of Continuing Medical Education ( CME ) to contribute to the strengthening of the scientific and professional capacities of students and the teaching staff in the faculty.
7. Collaboration with the Ministry of Health and other related institutions to develop the national health system according to a sound scientific bases.
8. Contributing to the dissemintation of health awareness and health culture among members of the society.
9. Building and developing cooperative relations concerning research and scientific collaboration with health sciences, biological and medical universities, faculties and research centers locally, regionally and internationally.
construction of close cooperation
Efforts continued to build cooperative relations between
10. Cooperation and partnership with public and community-level institutions in activities concerning health to serve the interest of the society.
11. Seeking to receive accreditation from the National Center for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Educational and Training Institutions and the World Federation For Medical Education ( wfme ).
Department of Internal Medicine
The Radiology and Medical Imaging Department
Department of Pediatrics
Department of general surgery
Department of Ophthalmology
Obstetrics and Gynecology Department of
Family and community medicine Department of
Department of Pharmacology
Department of Physiology
Department of Pathology
Department of Parasitology
Department of Anatomy and Embryology
Department of Microbiology
Department of Histology
Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
Department of biochemistry
Take note of the fact that these departments do not provide university digrees in these disciplines.